LORA’S BIRTHDAY BRUNCH 2018
So as many of you who follow us on social media have seen, I had a little birthday brunch gathering at my home recently! I’ve had so many questions about where everything was from and decided to put it all in a blog post for anyone who would like to know! It was A LOT of work but it was definitely worth it. It was most especially made worth it that I got to have some of my favorite people in my home to celebrate both my 30th birthday, and quite perfectly, Women’s History Month. Okay, here are the deets!
The main attraction will have to be the food, of course. While most of it was home made (courtesy of my mom) a lot of it was provided by a few of my favorite local businesses!
1. HAND DECORATED SUGAR COOKIES- I had these made by @crumblecateringco and to say she did an amazing job would be an understatement. She surpassed my expectations and made the cookies EXACTLY the way I wanted! I decided to go with a female empowerment theme in light of Women’s History Month and think the message was conveyed quite perfectly 🙂 Check her out for all your cookie needs, you won’t regret it!
2. BIRTHDAY CAKE- My go-to person for all sweets parisian, delicious and beautiful has to be @cremeaubeurre so it was no question that I would have my birthday cake made by her. It was as tasty as it was beautiful. My favorite part was the meringue on top! and she put custard filling just as I asked *swoon* I also had some of her orange almond tarts (pictured below) which are seriously some of the best things I have ever tasted. Check out her instagram page (link above) to see all the pretty treats!
3. MACARONS- I keep saying this but its 100% my true opinion- these are some of the best macarons I have ever tried! @macaronbychristina made me some delicious macarons, particularly my requested fav, fruity pebble flavor! The texture and flavors are just perfect. She just had a pop-up at a local Pottery Barn and hopefully will have more in the future! In the meantime, make sure to check out her page and place and order! You’ll thank me for it 🙂
4. CHEESE BOARD– Can’t have any sort of gathering without a decent cheese board! @plateauafromage definitely brought it with this one. Each plate is curated perfectly and placed on a wooden plank. Even better yet, the meat is halal! The presentation was beautiful and the array of cheese, meat and fruit very tasty. Check out their page to see all the different trays they offer!
5. COTTON CANDY- I can’t tell you how excited I was about this!! @spunsugar.detroit made dreams come true by bringing her cotton candy cart and showering all my guest with delicious, organic cotton candy. It was so much fun and made for perfect photo props 🙂 Mandy is so great and this cart is available to rent for any event! Make sure to check them out.
6. DONUTS- Every brunch party needs donuts. I of course had to get some of the best donuts around, so I went to @donut_bar ! The frosted animal cracker and tres leches donuts a just TO.DIE.FOR. Not to mention pretty to look at! They also have illy coffee in store, so make sure to visit!
7. FLORAL- My floral decor vision was brought to life by the ever amazing @studioterrain and she delivered as amazing as always. The gorgeous centerpieces brought everything together and stayed gorgeous and blooming long after the event!
8. SET-UP- Now this might have been the most time consuming of it all. Every thing was hand-picked for this event. The plates were all mis-matched, mainly vintage from my mother’s collection or from estate sale finds. The name plates were purchased from this Etsy store! The chairs and table covers were rented from VIP chair covers who were so accommodating and made the process so easy and convenient. They have tons of options too, so make sure to check them out! My little favors were a bit of sage, lavender and a palo santo stick, meant to be burned in an effort to spread good energy to all
9. PHOTOBOOTH- The besttttt person for the job was for sure Now and Forever Photo Booth ! They were SO accommodating and just did everything exactly the way I wanted to a T. The background was custom made and he put the title (Bad Ass Babes Club) the exact way I asked for it! Ya’ll gotta check them out for all your events, photo booths are always so much fun and we definitely took advantage of this one!
All in all, everything was such a success and I wouldn’t have been able to do it without so many others. Thank you to all who attended, helped, and offered their services and products. On to many other events and GOOD VIBES to all!