TIPS AND TRICKS TO HOSTING THE PERFECT PARTY
This past weekend I had the pleasure of hosting a friends baby shower. I really enjoyed adding pretty pink touches to details and customizing favors. Below I’ve posted photos of the shower along with helpful links and tips for hosting events. Please tag us or let us know if you put any of these ideas to use! Hope this helps!
1. LOCATION- I hosted the baby shower at Antietam, a modern-meets-cozy restaurant in Detroit with a French-inspired menu. This space is perfect for hosting small, intimate events, while still keeping it chic–we opted for their brunch menu.
2. FLORIST- For the centerpieces Studio Terrain did an amazing job adding pretty touches to the tables. They were a pleasure to work with, and brought my vision to life! To work with them, check out their website, here.
3. FAVORS- This is where I was able to get a little more creative. For this event, I decided to have two favors; customized candles, and cookies. Cookies are great because they can serve as decor and dessert, I ordered these on Etsy, here. For a local alternative you can use @sarahscookiejar via Instagram and on her website, here. The candles were also ordered and customized on Etsy, here. These are super cute favors for your guests to take home and will serve as a lasting memory of your event. For a local alternative, Detroit Rose also customizes candles, find them here.
5. NAPKINS- I was able to add cute pink hints through the embroidery on the napkins. I found these beautiful napkins at an Estate Sale as well, but there are many online alternatives (also ask your florist for recommendations regarding table settings) on Etsy. Here are some napkins similar to the ones I used.
6. SUGAR CUBES- I’m going to say this again—detail is everything. I came across these super cute sugar cubes online and loved them! You can also customize these to any color and flavors you want. These are perfect for your tea and dressing up the table a little more.